Journal FirstESEC/FSE 2023
Call for Journal First Papers
ESEC/FSE 2023 will continue the ESEC/FSE partnership with prestigious Software Engineering journals to incorporate journal-first papers into its research program. Authors of journal-first papers accepted to the research tracks of partnering journals are invited to submit their work to be presented at ESEC/FSE 2023.
The partnering journals are:
- IEEE Transaction of Software Engineering (IEEE TSE)
- ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology (ACM TOSEM)
- Empirical Software Engineering (Springer EMSE)
Journal-first submissions must adhere to the following criteria:
- The paper was accepted no earlier than December 1, 2021 and no later than June 13, 2023.
- The paper is in the scope of ESEC/FSE 2023.
- The paper reports completely new research results or presents novel contributions not previously reported in prior work. The paper does not extend prior work solely with additional proofs or algorithms (or other such details presented for completeness), additional empirical results, or minor enhancements or variants of the results presented in the prior work.
- The paper has not been presented at, and is not under consideration for, journal-first programs of other conferences.
How to submit
The authors of a paper that meets the above criteria are invited to submit a (maximum) one-page presentation proposal consisting of the paper’s title, authors, an abstract, and a pointer to the original journal paper at the journal’s website. If the journal paper is related to or builds on a previously published work (such as a tool demo or a poster), then the proposal must clearly and explicitly justify why the paper should be considered a journal-first paper. The authors may use the ESEC/FSE 2023 format and submission guidelines , but no specific format is required. Proposals must be written in English and submitted electronically through the submission site: https://esecfse2023-jf.hotcrp.com.
Authors will be invited to present their paper at ESEC/FSE 2023 after a check that the paper satisfies the above listed criteria, and that it was accepted as a journal-first paper by the journal. As the papers have already been reviewed and accepted by the journals, they will not be reviewed again for technical content. If an exceptionally high number of submissions is received, not all papers will be selected. The papers that best fit the technical program will be given priority, offering a balance across the conference topics.
All dates are 23:59:59 AoE (UTC-12h).
- Submission deadline: August 1, 2023
- Author notification: August 31, 2023
- Conference: 3 - 9 December, 2023
At least one author of each presentation accepted for the journal-first program must register and attend the conference in person in San Francisco, California (USA) to present the paper. The journal-first manuscripts are published through the journals and will not be part of the ESEC/FSE 2023 proceedings. The journal-first papers will be listed in the conference program and ESEC/FSE 2023 participants will have access to the paper abstracts and a pointer to the journal publication outside the conference proceedings.
- Dan Hao, Peking University
- Tegawendé F. Bissyandé, University of Luxembourg