Student volunteers play a crucial role in ensuring the success of ESEC/FSE. They help with everything from registration to local support. Being a student volunteer is an excellent opportunity to meet, interact, and network with leading academic and industrial researchers and practitioners in Software Engineering. Such interactions often help shape the research direction for many students. Being a student volunteer is also a great way to meet other students from all over the world that share your interest in Software Engineering and to reduce some of the costs of the conference.
This exclusive experience is available to undergraduate and graduate students from any country who are enthusiastic and willing to contribute to making ESEC/FSE 2023 a unique experience for all attendees.
To apply, please fill out the following form by no later than September 3rd (applications submitted after this date will not be considered), 2023: https://forms.gle/scrsenpKk7Q8KRvYA
- Free registration to the main conference.
- Tickets for lunches during the main conference and the additional days you are working, as well as for the ESEC/FSE 2023 social dinner and reception.
- A great opportunity to meet and talk about your research with leading academic and industry researchers and other students.
- Possibility to attend pre-conference events on the days that you will be volunteering.
- Knowing that you played an important part in the conference’s success.
- A certificate of participation.
Approximately 20 hours of in-person work during the conference week:
- Registration duties (e.g., setting up, preparing conference bags, and helping attendees register).
- Technical assistance to speakers and attendees.
- Providing directions to various locations at the conference location.
- Checking badges at various halls, including dining halls.
- Other similar tasks.
- Enrolled as a doctoral, master’s, or full-time undergraduate student at the time of the conference.
- Must be proficient in English and have good social and communication skills.
- Availability from Dec 3 – Dec 9, 2023 (inclusive). You will be requested to specify in the application form if you are unavailable on any pre- and/or post-conference program days. Not all volunteers will be required during the full time, and we can consider this information during selection.